Wildlife Plantings for Year Around Food and Cover
- Summer fruiting plants such as cherry, plum, hackberry and serviceberry species. Fall fruit and seed plants such as viburnum, dogwood, elderberry, green ash and oak.
- Winter persistent fruit or seed such as apple, viburnum and sumac or foliage such as fir or spruce.
- Spring seed such as maple, or elm.
- Plants with dense branching or persistent foliage such as evergreens, conifers, caragana, hawthorn.
- Plants that form dense colonies or thickets such as rose, sumac or dogwood.
Additional information on specific topics can be found on the Plant Selection Guide