Tree Seed Department Assistant
Our longtime Seed Department Assistant, Nancy McKenzie is retiring. Nancy is familiar to everyone buying tree seed and to most of our collectors and suppliers. She started working for Lawyer Nursery in 1989 performing office duties in support of the purchasing and selling of tree and shrub seed. Nancy has learned the seed business and has gradually taken over most of the routine responsibilities in the Seed Office. Nancy will be working for a few more months, but has given notice that her time at Lawyer Nursery is coming to an end.
We are looking for a person with some biological background in seed, horticulture or forestry. Knowing the basics of biological classification and seed technology would be helpful.
The position’s duties include:
- Buy and sell tree and shrub seed as routine business.
- Customer and supplier assistance.
- Shipping and documentation – the paperwork.
- Maintaining our business records pertaining to tree seed.
Qualifications we would like to see in candidates for this position include:
- Knowledge of woody plant species
- Computer literate – windows 10, email, web search
- Sales experience
- Professional office skills and experience
- Oral and written communication excellence
This is presently an office job, although there is some room for developing responsibilities in plant (seed) identification, seed examination and testing, and other seed related duties. Occasional travel to tree and shrub seed meetings – domestic and international.
To apply please send complete resume, academic record and cover letter to:
Lawyer Nursery, Inc.
Attn: John Lawyer
6625 Montana Highway 200
Plains, Montana 59859
Please do not call ahead. We will contact you.